Installing or updating QuickBooks can be fraught with error codes, of which “QuickBooks Error 557” has become quite common. Besides the installation/update process, this error could also appear if your computer’s disc space is low or if the syntax is incorrect. We have offered several solutions to “fix Error code 557 in QuickBooks”. Thereby, keep reading!
What causes QuickBooks Error 557?
The main causes provoking this error are:
- A sudden system shutdown led to corruption of installer files.
- A virus or malware attack infected QuickBooks files
- QB being incompletely installed the previous instance.
- Some incorrect settings in the QuickBooks program.
Methods that can help in fixing QuickBooks Error code 557
The various troubleshooting methods to troubleshoot QuickBooks error message 557 are:
Method 1: Delete Entitlement file
- Through the Windows File (Windows + E). access “C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv8” folder.
- Now search for and delete the “EntitlementDataStore.ecml” file.
- Next, run QuickBooks and activate the program again, and later try the update again. QB Error code 557 should be dealt with.
Method 2: Check the status of the QuickBooks Subscription
- Use “QuickBooks CAMP’s login page” to “login to the QuickBooks account”.
- Now, go for the option to “Manage QuickBooks page” and make choice of the item to activate.
- After that, go for “Product & Services”.
- The subsequent step is to tap on “Payroll Subscription tab”.
- You should be able to see the “status of your payroll subscription” in the “blue toolbar”.
- If payroll service’s status got cancelled or is expired, click on “Re-subscribe” and double-check all the information on the ensuing screen.
- After that, hit on “Save and Continue”.
- Now, hit on the “Reactivate” button to reactivate your subscription, and followed by that, hit on “Got it”.
Method 3: Go for System Restore
The process to restore the system is:
- Search for “Restore” in the Start menu and after that open it.
- The following step is to choose appropriate restore points and then move along with the system restore.
- Wait for the process to complete fully and then restart the computer.
Method 4: Repair QuickBooks
The steps for repairing QB are:
- Access the Control Panel and from there, go to Programs and Features.
- Within this tab, opt for QuickBooks and then go for Uninstall/Change.
- Now, click on Repair and wait for the finalization of the repair process.
- This should fix Error code 557.
Also read: troubleshoot QuickBooks Error code 15107
Through this blog, users should have got an idea of how to fix QuickBooks Error code 557. If you still face any problem, just call us at 1-800-615-2347. Our QuickBooks desktop error support team will be happy to assist you!