Data recovery error code C=272 is noticed when running the Verify and Rebuild tool or while accessing the memorized report in QuickBooks. This could be caused due to data damage, corruption in Company files, damaged memorized report, incorrect QuickBooks installation, including other causes. To get to the bottom and fix QuickBooks Error C=272, read the full length of this article.
Main causes of QuickBooks Error C=272
Some of the noticeable causes in most cases are:
- There may be some Data damage.
- The ‘verify or rebuild date set’ on a target ‘Bit set’ is beyond the range.
- Damaged memorized report.
- Transferring the memorized reports from some other QB version.
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks could also evoke this error.
Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error C=272
Following are the quick fixes in order to troubleshoot the Error code C=272 in QuickBooks desktop:
Fix 1: Sample Company File should be tried first
- The user should first run QuickBooks by pressing and holding the Ctrl.
- As the No Company Window appears, immediately release the Ctrl key.
- Now, choose Open Sample File option.
- From the list of files, choose the sample file and open it.
Fix 2: Unmark Compatibility mode checkbox
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon and then opt for Properties.
- Now, click on the Compatibility tab.
- Unmark Run Program in compatibility mode.
- Then, click on Ok in order to proceed.
- Now, run QuickBooks and try using the Verify and Rebuild tool again to make sure Error code C=272 is no longer existing.
Also read: fix QuickBooks Error Code PS058
Fix 3: Disable the Compatibility for qbw32.exe
- First, access the installation folder of QuickBooks and search for qbw32.exe.
- Upon right-clicking this file, choose Properties.
- And then, click on the Compatibility tab.
- Now, unmark Run program in Compatibility and then click on Ok.
- Run QB Desktop and check if the error code C=272 got uprooted.
Fix 4: Update QuickBooks
- Initially, run QuickBooks Desktop as an admin.
- Then, go to the File tab, followed by opting for Update QuickBooks desktop
- Follow the steps and then click on Get Update tab.
Fix 5: Repair QuickBooks
- Just open the Control Panel and then go into the Programs and Features tab.
- Later, choose QuickBooks and then the Uninstall/Change tab.
- Now, opt for the Repair tab and proceed as per the onscreen steps to get the program repaired.
You may also read: QuickBooks error code 1402
This ends the current discussion. We have earmarked all the workable solutions to fix QuickBooks Error C=272. If you face any issue, just give our QuickBooks error support experts a call at the helpline 1-800-615-2347.