Summary: You can instead make non-alcoholic cocktails that are sure to please everyone in the crowd. This can be for a church function or just for a night of fun with your friends and family. Non-alcoholic drinks will allow the expectant mother to join the celebration without harm to themselves and their future baby.
If you have a special occasion coming up and you’re planning to host a celebration that will include kids, what kind of drinks should you serve? Is a guest pregnant or allergic to alcohol?
If the group of revelers at your holiday party or work event will include folks who don’t drink alcohol, you can still serve some excellent beverages. Besides the old standby of sparkling water, ginger ale, and diet soda, why not try some of these popular mocktails alternatives:
- The Shirley Temple: This is perhaps the most famous of all the “mock-tails.” This tasty drink is made from a ginger ale or Sprite/7-Up and Grenadine – garnished with a maraschino cherry.
- The Afterglow: To whip up an Afterglow, mix 1 part Grenadine, 4 parts orange juice, and 4 parts pineapple juice. Just add ice and get glowing!
- The Mickey Mouse: Mr. Disney himself would have approved of this one! You will need 3 oz. tomato juice, 1 dash lemon juice, 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, 2-3 drops Tabasco sauce. Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into an old-fashioned glass over ice cubes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add a wedge of lime and serve.
- The “Virgin” Pina Colada: This pineapple “bar stand-by” tastes just as good without the booze. Blend 7 oz. of pineapple juice with 2 oz. of coconut cream at high speed with 1 cup of crushed ice.
- The “Virgin” Manhattan: The virgin version of this classic cocktail is made with 1/4 cup cranberry juice, 1/4 cup orange juice, a good splash of cherry juice, and a little splash of lemon juice. The juices combine into a mix that looks very much like its alcoholic namesake.
- Party Punch: Punch up your celebration with a large bowl of self-service libation. Mix 2 lemons, 3 large oranges, 1 (6 oz) can of frozen lemonade concentrate, 1-liter club soda, 2 (750 milliliters) bottles of sparkling apple cider, 1 tablespoon of white sugar, and 2 trays of ice cubes. Thinly slice the lemons and the oranges and place them in a large punch bowl. Pour in the thawed lemonade. Gently stir in the club soda and the sparkling apple cider. Add sugar to taste. Add ice.
Serve your party guests some of these terrific tasting non-alcoholic brews and they’ll definitely ask for a refill! When they do indulge, you won’t have to hide their car keys or worry about how they will get home safely.
Bonus drinks your crowd will enjoy:
- Malihini Punch: Malihini means guest or visitor in Hawaiian, so it’s perfect. To create this tropical concoction, blend 2 quarts of orange juice, 1/2 cup passion fruit syrup, and 1/2 cup guava syrup. Mix, chill, and serve over ice.
- The Evil Princess: Perfect for those who are up to no good – but at least have a good sense of humor about it. Combine 1 oz. Grenadine, 2 oz. white grape juice, 1 oz. apple juice, 1 tbsp. vanilla syrup, 1 tbsp. lemon juice. Garnish with a lime slice.
- The Fuzzless Navel – The non-alcoholic version of a classic highball that pleases the taste buds. mix 2 oz. peach nectar and 6 oz. orange juice and garnish with an orange slice.
All of these non alcoholic have received accolades at my house! Give them a try. I guarantee your guests will have a memorable evening.
Beverages Which Are Nutritious
One instance in which people have taken to making different varieties of virgin cocktails is when using fruit juices. These are good for in the morning or any other time you are looking for something which will be delicious and nutritious at the same time. Certain juices like pomegranate will not only taste good, but they are good for your heart. The anti-carcinogen properties of the juice will help to make you feel better while you enjoy the flavor. If you are at a party, you can throw the juice over ice with a garnish to make it look like an alcoholic drink.
The juice cocktail is perfect for any environment. This is true whether you are at a function with a lot of children or simply do not have the ability to allow anyone at the party to get drunk. This is also great for throwing a party at a health club because everyone will be able to enjoy their drink without having any feeling they are doing something they should be ashamed of later.
Best for the Family
When you make non-alcoholic cocktails you are making something everyone can enjoy. Most children enjoy the flavor of chocolate, so you can make a cocktail that includes either flakes or syrup which can be mixed in with milk or cream. Add in some vanilla or spices and you will have something everyone can enjoy. Simply by adding in some cool espresso you will also have a cocktail that adults can enjoy as an after-dinner drink. Sprinkling some dry cocoa powder on top of the beverage will really make the drink something you can enjoy.
Another flavor children enjoy is coconut. You can make non-alcoholic drinks that will taste sweet enough to be dessert, but without adding in a lot of unnecessary sugar. Using Splenda with coconut milk along with pineapple and orange juice will create a cocktail that will have the children coming back for seconds and thirds. You will be happy because you will know the children will not be bouncing off of the walls later in the evening. Experimentation is the key to finding the combinations which will taste the best. Your guests will be happy you did and you will be able to enjoy all of the wonderful creations as you experiment. It led many people to drink even though they have other responsibilities they need to attend to or even if they do not prefer to drink at all.